The pocket pizza.
|My enormous calzones|
You can also use the dough recipe as a regular pizza pizza base!
- 500g strong flour
- 1 sachet of fast acting yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 325ml warm water
- Put flour, yeast and salt into a large bowl.
- Mix together the warm water and oil, and add the the dry mix.
- Stir into a soft dough with a wooden spoon.
- Once combined, place onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Place into a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cling film.
- Leave in a warm place for about an hour. (Dough should have doubled in size)
- Punch down and divide into six balls.
- Roll into circles, about 1 cm thick and spread on your sauce, leaving a 2cm boarder from the edge.
- Fill with your favourite toppings. (My favourites are goats cheese, spinach and mushroom!)
- Fold over, pressing the edges down to keep the filling in. I crimped mine to ensure.
- Place onto a baking tray, lined with baking paper, and prove for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Brush you calzones with oil and bake for 25 minutes (or until golden brown)