- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups strong bread flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp of dried basil
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 sachet of dried yeast
- In a large bowl dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- Add two cups of the flour and all other ingredients and start mixing with a fork (or dough hook if you have one)
- Add the last cup of flour, this prevents dough from sticking to the sides.
- Transfer the dough into a new, clean bowl and cover with a damp tea towel. Leave in a warm place for an hour. (Will have doubled in size)
- After it has risen, punch the dough down and shape into an oval.
- Place your dough into a lightly greased 2 pound loaf tin, cover and leave to prove for a further 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- After 30 minutes and proved, bake for 15 - 20 minutes. The bread should appear lightly golden brown.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack. When slightly warm, serve with a bowl of good, hearty soup.